I think we got frost last night, which means that I missed my chance to make and freeze pesto from all of the remaining basil in the garden. I’ve been too busy and preoccupied to enjoy preparing food as much as I normally do. It’s a problem.
Here we have another bento from the vaults… this was one of the earliest (day six with a real bento box, actually). I’ve been craving Indian food lately, so I’m putting this up to inspire the acquisition of some in the near future.
Contents, clockwise from top left:
- Spicy truffle, chocolate covered espresso beans, candied ginger
- Newman’s Own balsamic dressing
- Mughlai masala veggies with green bell pepper flowers, pickled curried cauliflower
- Brown rice seasoned like sushi rice, peas, grape tomatoes
- Hardboiled egg with paprika and salt, arugula, baby carrots
I hope your lunch is lovely and satisfying today… I suspect I’ll be dining on coffee.