This one is from the vaults… because I thought it was about time I posted something, and I only have Flickr photos to choose from at the moment. I’m fond of my old bentos, though, so I may pepper them in going forward. I sure as hell haven’t been making them recently… I must get back into the habit!
This bento was created for the Star Wars challenge hosted by the Bento Challenge Live Journal group. It’s one of my best, I think, and definitely the one that garnered the most attention (as evidenced by my Showing Off page).
- Jawa head: forbidden rice jawa onigiri with carrot stick eyes and a philly style steak tofurkey hood.
- Jawa body: 2 tiny sweet red peppers wrapped in philly style steak tofurkey, with nori ammo belts and hands
- Sky: purple cabbage
- Suns: golden beet and yellow tomato (Tatoo I), orange tomato (Tatoo II)
- Tatooine desert: pita w/white bean & chickpea spread
- Hidden behind jawa, desert, and sky: big chunks of english cuke, baby carrots, tamagoyaki, and halved small tomatoes
- Space: forbidden rice with sesame seeds
- Death Star: hard boiled egg dyed with forbidden rice and a little beet juice, with nori and soy wrapper for the superlaser. The Death Star was really frustrating… I was trying to add texture, but it got way too dark and way too reddish brown. To make matters worse, when I took the photo I didn’t pay attention to the light source and the superlaser’s shadow. I guess I’m a little too anal about details…
- Stormtrooper: monterey jack cheese, with a tiny bit of nori for detail